Ask the Pastor
Why become a Christian?
But, the only real reason to become a Christian, or as some say, to convert to Christianity, is because you believe with all of your heart that God exists, that his Word—the Bible—is true, and that Jesus Christ is who he says he is: “I am the way and the truth and the life.” (John 14:16 NIV)
1. Experience the Greatest Love Rom 5:8
2. Experience freedom Rom 8:2 ; John 8:36
3. Experience lasting joy & peace 1 Pet 1:8-9 / Phil 4:7
4. Experience relationship 1 John 4:9
5. Experience your true potential & purpose Eph. 2:10
6. Experience eternity with God-Ecc3:11;Rom6:23;1 Cor 2:9
What steps do I take to become a Christian?
Salvation then, is a gift from God. He offers the gift through Jesus, his Son.
“Jesus told him, “I am the way, the truth, and the life. No one can come to the Father except through me.” (NLT)
“But God demonstrates his own love for us in this: While we were still sinners, Christ died for us.” (NIV)
1) Admit you are a sinner and turn away from your sin.
Acts 3:19 says: “Repent, then, and turn to God, so that your sins may be wiped out, that times of refreshing may come from the Lord.” (NIV)
2) Believe Jesus Christ died on the cross to save you from your sins and give you eternal life.
John 3:16 says: “For God so loved the world that he gave his only Son, so that everyone who believes in him will not perish but have eternal life.” (NLT)
3) Accept him by faith.
In John 14:6 Jesus said: “I am the way, the truth, and the life. No one can come to the Father except through me.” (NLT) Faith in Jesus Christ is a change of mind that results in a change of action—coming to him.
4) You may pray a simple prayer to God. Prayer is simply communicating with God. Pray using your own words. There is no special formula. Just pray from your heart to God, and believe that he has saved you.
** Don’t doubt.
Salvation is by grace, through faith.
Ephesians 2:8 says: “For it is by grace you have been saved, through faith — and this not from yourselves, it is the gift of God.” (NIV)
5) Tell someone about your decision.
Romans 10:9-10 says, “If you confess with your mouth, ‘Jesus is Lord,’ and believe in your heart that God raised him from the dead, you will be saved. For it is with your heart that you believe and are justified, and it is with your mouth that you confess and are saved.” (NIV)